This event is planned by Pakistan Institute of Rehabilitation Science, Isra University campus Islamabad and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). The course will be conducted through international and national experts in the field.
The aim of the course is to familiarise participants with the public health approach to ear and hearing care for communities in developing countries, and to encourage them to put it into practice in their own countries.
The key learning objectives are to –
– understand how the principles and practice of public health can be applied to hearing loss
– review the epidemiology of ear disease and hearing loss in the world, focusing on developing countries.
– learn about community-based research on ear and hearing care in developing countries.
– explore challenges and solutions in prevention and rehabilitation of hearing impairment and disability in developing countries.
– appraise the role of Primary Ear and Hearing Care and its training.
– discuss how to raise awareness and mobilise resources for ear and hearing health in developing countries.
– learn how to develop a programme for ear and hearing health in the participant’s own country.