PUBLIC HEALTH PLANNING FOR HEARING IMPAIRMENT
Pakistan Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences organizes this course in collaboration with London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). The course is conducted through international and national experts in the field of Audiology.
The aim of the course is to familiarize participants with the public health approach to ear and hearing care for communities in developing countries, and to encourage them to implement and put it into practice.
The key learning objectives are:
- To understand how the principles and practice of public health can be applied to hearing loss
- To review the epidemiology of ear disease and hearing loss in the developing countries
- To learn about community-based research on ear and hearing care in developing countries
- To explore challenges and solutions in prevention and rehabilitation of hearing impairment and disability in developing countries
- To appraise the role of primary ear and hearing care and its training
- To discuss how to raise awareness and mobilize resources for ear and hearing health in developing countries
- To learn how to develop a program for ear and hearing health in the participant’s own country